Vainglory Unified Summer Season Unified Championship
This weekend Super Evil Megacorp is holding an event in Los Angeles this weekend where the 12 best Vainglory teams from Europe and North America face off in front of a live audience.
From September 8-10, fans can check out the official Vainglory Twitch, Facebook and YouTube channels for streams of the weekend’s action.
The winning team will qualify for the Vainglory World Championships taking place later this year.
Red Bull’s “A New Level”
This week Red Bull released a three part series exploring Canada’s esports communities and their biggest stars.
The documentary series was filmed in the weeks leading up to and during “Get On My Level” (GOML), one of the world’s largest Smash tournaments. The event has become a high profile tournament in Toronto, drawing thousands of attendees and players.
All three episodes of A New Level can be viewed on Red Bull eSports’ YouTube channel.
- Watch Episode One: LEFFEN https://youtu.be/VpvcJvAmSQQ
- Watch Episode Two: TO JOE https://youtu.be/zw6LZiFTgBE
- Watch Episode Three: CANADA https://youtu.be/-8wigCfaH28
PUBG also set a new mark for peak concurrent users with over 970,000, highlighted by the strong reception at the PUBG Invitational at gamescom 2017. During the four day PUBG Invitational tournament event:
- 92 players from 19 different countries globally competed in four different PUBG game modes (solo, duo, duo-fpp, squad)
- PUBG Invitational was officially broadcast across nine streaming platforms including Mixer, Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, PandaTV, AfreecaTV, Kakao TV, Naver and Openrec
- Peak online viewership on Twitch official channels was 536,000 on first day (solo mode)
- Peak online viewership on PandaTV official channels was 5.6 million on first day (solo mode)