Laval, Kentucky, Cal Poly Pomona, and Buffalo Are Your Heroes of the Dorm Heroic Four!
The Heroic Four have been decided for Heroes of the Dorm 2018! Teams from California, Kentucky, New York, and Canada will be battling it out at the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles to win glory for their schools as well as a chance to win the grand prize: tuition for the rest of their collegiate careers.
The Heroic Four begins on May 12 at 1 p.m.. PT and will be casted by Albert “Halorin” Hailey, Paul “Inverum” Todkill, Bron “The Source” Mitchell, Jaycie “Gillyweed” Gluck, and Derek “Dunktrain” Arabian.
Matches will be broadcast live on twitch.tv/BlizzHeroes.
Université Laval – #2 Seed
- Rouge et Au is the first Canadian team to ever qualify for the Heroic Four. As the #2 seed, they’ve been a powerhouse through the Regular Season, and have had dominating performances against some of the top teams in the tournament. They’re looking to take it all, and won’t stop until they reach the top.
University of Kentucky – #3 Seed
- This year, everyone has their eyes on the #3 seed Kentucky Scratch ’em, with a large number of brackets predicting them to make it to the Heroic Four. Last year, the world refusedto give them much of a chance – and now it’s time for Kentucky to stand up and make their mark.
Cal Poly Pomona – #9 Seed
- California Polytechnic State University has competed in Heroes of the Dorm since its beginning. CPP has never made it to the Heroic four, but are excited to make a splash at the live finals. Five of the members have played on the same team since Freshman year, where they found themselves in the same Dorm building looking to compete in esports tournaments. When the first year of HotD was announced, they formed a team but fell short. Now in their senior year’s, CPP is looking for the win.
University at Buffalo – #8 Seed
- Team ImprobaBull Victory has been anything but. Taking down the unstoppable UCI Dream Eaters in Round of 8 play. They formed through open signups and have come together with the intent to take home the grand prize. They are the underdogs going into the Heroic Four but show promise of being a strong dark horse.
For more information, visit the official blog post: https://heroesofthedorm.com/news/2018-heroic-four
To learn more about the teams and Heroes of the Dorm, visit: https://heroesofthedorm.com
Heroes Global Championship: Week 10 Recap – First Teams Punch Their Ticket to the Mid-Season Brawl
In the final week of League Play in the Heroes Global Championship (HGC), teams went all out to secure their spots at the Mid-Season Brawl in Jonkoping, Sweden – where the best teams from the world will gather to duke it out for the $250,000 prize pool. The best in each region will go the Mid-Season Brawl – the rest will go to the Playoffs to battle for the chance to join them in Sweden. The bottom ranked teams, though, will battle for their spot in the HGC against Open Division top-ranked teams in the Crucible.
- In North America, Tempo Storm (11-3) clinched the #1 spot in North America and will get an automatic trip to the Mid-Season Brawl. Right on their heels, riding an impressive five game win streak, will be HeroesHearth Esports (11-3), who earned a bye to the fourth and final round of the Playoffs on April 29.
- In Europe, Team Dignitas (13-1) will go to the Mid-Season Brawl with Fnatic (10-4). Europe has three spots to the Mid-Season Brawl, courtesy of Team Dignitas’ win at the Western Clash, and the third will go to the Playoffs winner. Method (8-6) will have a bye to the fourth and final round in the Playoffs on April 29.
- In Korea, Ballistix (12-2) and KSV Black (12-2) locked their spots to the Mid-Season Brawl and Tempest (10-4) picked up their automatic bye into the fourth and final round of the Playoffs on April 29.
For more information, please visit this week’s HGC Digest: https://esports.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/news/21699822/hgc-digest-week-10:-the-next-generation-of-the-wombo-combo
All matches will be broadcast on the Heroes of the Storm Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes
StarCraft II – Korea Takes Home Nation Wars V Championship
After flawlessly tearing through the quarter finals and semi-finals, Team Korea faced a stiff challenge in Team Netherlands. uThermal (Terran) bested MMA (Terran) and soO (Zerg) in the first two games, but the power INnoVation (Terran) could not be stopped.. He went on a four game winning-streak and survived a scare by Harstem (Terran) who almost derailed his championship winning efforts. Korea won the series 5:3.
Visit the Nation Wars V Twitch channel for match VoDs: https://www.twitch.tv/ogaminginter/videos/all
Visit the official WCS website for match results and VoDs: https://wcs.starcraft2.com/en-us/