This weekend, 16 CS:GO teams are gathering at the MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio to play for the chance to qualify for the first Million Dollar Major. The top two teams from each group will qualify for MLG Columbus at Nationwide Arena on March 29th through April 3rd.
Quick Qualifier Facts (from majorleaguegaming.com)
- Location = MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio
- Dates = February 26-28
- Format = Group Play
- Top 2 Teams from each Group qualify for Major Championship
- Teams = 16
- Counter Logic Gaming
- G2 eSports
- Flipsid3 Tactics
- Team Dignitas
- Team Liquid
- Vexed Gaming
- Selfless Gaming (Americas Minor Winner)
- Splyce (Replacement for MongolZ)
- Renegades (Asia Minor Runner-up)
- Gambit Gaming (CIS Minor Winner)
- HellRaisers (Europe Minor Winner)
- Tempo Storm (Americas LCQ Winner)
- SK Gaming (CIS/Europe LCQ Top 2)
- Team YP (CIS/Europe LCQ Top 2)
Group Play Format & Match Format
- The Tournament will support 16 Teams in Group Play.
- Each Group will be conducted as follows:
Match 1 = Team 1 vs. Team 2
Match 2 = Team 3 vs. Team 4
Losers Match = Match 1 Loser vs. Match 2 Loser
Winners Match = Match 1 Winner vs. Match 2 Winner
Final Match = Losers Match Winner vs. Winners Match Loser
- Teams that win a Winners Match or Final Match in Group Play will advance to MLG Columbus 2016 (“the Major”). Teams that lose two Matches in Group Play will be eliminated from the Tournament. After two Teams from each Group have been eliminated, the Tournament will end.
- All Matches will be Best of 1 Game except for each Group’s Final Match (Best of 3 Games).